I have chosen to use a unisex short sleeve jersey t-shirt for my designs.
This model lives up to the following criteria:
- Eco friendly manufacturing: BLUESIGN Certified (www.bluesign.com).
- Produced according to high level of ethical standards: WRAP Certified production (www.wrapcompliance.org).
- Ring spun cotton: Softer and smoother to the touch compared to coarser open-end cotton ones and are often lighter weight due to the tension and fine weaving of the ring spun yarns. It also has a reputation for greater durability with less likelihood for the strands to fray or break.
- Airlume combed cotton: Is softer than regular cotton because it doesn't have any impurities or short protruding threads, and it is stronger than regular cotton because the combing process removes short fibers, which are prone to breakage. After combing, the straightened fibers join together more tightly, leading to less fraying and unraveling.
- The fabric weight: Is 4.2 oz (142 g/m2) which is a perfect middle ground for providing movement freedom but still giving that feeling of wearing a quality t-shirt.
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping: Is a fabric sewn to cover the raw edge of the sewing construction that closes the front and back shoulders of a T-shirt. Its function is to provide better comfort and durability.
- Side seamed t-shirts: Are typically what you’ll find in a retail setting. Side-seams have a more structured look, and while they are generally more expensive to make.
Pre-shrunk cotton: To minimize shrinkage in the dryer.
I hope you enjoy wearing your t-shirt as much as I do mine :-)